Find a Criminal Lawyer

i agree with bmp: Tell me why: I don't like Mondays

Khaki Snack works toward AMS mutiny

Monday, January 31, 2005

Tell me why: I don't like Mondays

I want to start by thanking our opponents. Did you know that their websites (HHW and RHM) have referred over 80 people to this site? Well it's true. Did you know that a representative of team HHW told us to be at a politics class to debate at 9:30, when the class was actually scheduled for 10:30? Well that's true too! Oh man, was I "cheesed" off. I promised him that I would be like an elephant with a super powered memory and never forget. He gave me an earnest and sincere apology. I accepted...but in retrospect, some wounds need more than a band-aid-they need stitches.

The "debate" went well. My favourite part was when the professor plugged our band after our opening statement. I was honestly worried this guy wouldn't be into Tony's Cuts, but as I said it I realized that some ideas are too good to be discarded. How could anyone not like Tony? They haven't even met him! I also enjoyed talking about Ralph Nader and Quebec's attempts at seperation.

The reason I was upset about the 9:30 thing was that it's sort of early in the morning, and I had to miss a class about airplanes. Also, I went to see the movie Sideways last night, and it reaaaaalllly made me want to have wine when I got home. But I didn't. Because I had to get up early. Which wasn't true.

Anyways, the point is that aside from this one misshap, no other teams have openly aired any grievances with us, which makes me happy. We're kind of stupid and luckily I don't think it bothers them enough to tell us. Sure, someone ripped down a bunch of our signs, but I bet it wasn't any of the opposing teams. After all, who could possibly be afraid of cardboard?


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a student of that 10:30 class ... not the 9:30, I would like to comment that although your opponents seemed to be very structered and talk off a sheet ... I am very impressed how your dual spoke. Go Cardboard, save the enviroment. Cheers.

9:20 PM

 
Blogger db said...

Thanks a lot, I appreciate that!

We'll keep on talking. And recycling. And also reducing and reusing.

9:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I show support for BMP? I've noticed that some of the other teams have badges and pamphlets; but this doesn't agree with the three R's.

The only idea I came up with is to wear socks on my hands, but I can't see the student body going for it.

I await your infinite wisdom.


- anonymous.

12:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I show support for BMP? I've noticed that some of the other teams have badges and pamphlets; but this doesn't agree with the three R's.

The only idea I came up with is to wear socks on my hands, but I can't see the student body going for it.

I await your infinite wisdom.


- anonymous.

12:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home