Find a Criminal Lawyer

i agree with bmp: Stories from the Campaign Trail

Khaki Snack works toward AMS mutiny

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Stories from the Campaign Trail

OH MAN!

I am still alive. So is the deer that ran in front of my car at 12:30 AM while I was driving out to Renfrew. Seriously, this deer was crazy. It was a doe, for those interested. Anyhow, I slammed on the brakes, and skidded to the right of the road, at which point the deer just got out of the way. I also honked the horn at the deer...but not until after it ran away, as if it was a renegade cab driver. I showed that deer!

Provan was in the car with me, as was Tom Woodhall (our "campaign" manager) and two other duders. We sang 99 bottles of beer on the wall in its entirety. We're not proud of it, but it happened. I've never done that before- it sort of hurts your voice.

Anyhow, we came up with a bunch of new ideas, and look forward to revealing them on Monday. These ideas target Common Ground, JDUC bathrooms, and other assorted hot button issues.

Ladies and Gentleman, a quote from Ms. Geena Davis:
"Uh, it's discouraged for campaigns to interact. For instance, if one speechwriter were to date another, they might reveal something crucial about the campaign. Some campaigns have spies for just this purpose, whose job it is to follow the speechwriter, and to seduce her"
-Geena Davis, Speechless (1994)





9 Comments:

Blogger davemesser said...

also... if you're still bored and have no life and want to read more similar crap... go to www.teamkhakisnack.blogspot.com

burpee hasn't signed me and provan onto this site yet... and that one is way more out there and CRAZY...

actually its not.. but it's a lot more cast away tom hanks and a lot less Phillidelphia

2:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hit a deer once. It was a doe too, and she rolled right over the right side of my car. Don't worry, though, because after laying there for a couple seconds, she just rolled right on over, got up and actually HOPPED away. (or is it leaped for deer? galloped?)
Also, I've seen Geena Davis in person, when she was filming Stuart Little 2. Also that kid who was also in Jerry Maguire--right up close!!!
...just thought I'd share. vote bmp?

5:07 PM

 
Blogger db said...

oh snap!
it seriously just ran away? that is awesome. our doe looked to stubborn, and probably would have played dead until we left. ALSO, that's awesome about Deena Davis and Jonathan Lipnicki. This summer I saw a kid a at a soccer tournament who looked just like him. However, when I asked him how much the human head weighed, he was unable to answer.

you had me at hello,
derek

5:28 PM

 
Blogger db said...

too stubborn
geena davis

sorry, i've never been to belize

7:16 PM

 
Blogger TommyDoubleU said...

you alarm me to no end

also its provan's birthday and he's being weird about it

2:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it really provan's birthday????? also, tom woodhall has a really nice velour blazer he wore at QMP. The what-not-to-wear team would have been proud.

2:42 AM

 
Blogger db said...

Deer also should have the power to read people's minds. It would be pretty sweet.

10:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

deers should be able to read minds eh???
well, who says we CAN'T, HMMMMM??
perhaps all this "getting hit" business is an elaborate ruse, spearheaded by Geena Davis our overlord..er..lady, to lull the general public into a false sense of security before WE ATTACK!!
and yes, yes I am typing with my hooves. don't judge me.

8:18 PM

 
Blogger db said...

Please don't hurt me.

Love,
Derek

9:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home